HEROS Donors and Supporters
HEROS thanks the many people and organisations who make donations.
We are indebted to people/organisations who go out and raise money on behalf of HEROS – all donations go directly towards helping the horses we retrain and rehome to get a life after their racing days are over, whether here at HEROS or in providing a support network for those out on loan.
Ben Brown – HEROS Trustee
A huge thank you to Ben who took part in the 2016 London Marathon on our behalf and completed the course in 4 hours 15 mins. It was his first Marathon and he may have caught the bug as immediately afterwards was considering the Amsterdam Marathon. Ben raised more than £3,000 for HEROS, which is immensely welcome and very much needed.
Another huge thank you to Charlie who ran the Half Marathon in Barcelona in 1 hour and 39 mins and raised just under £1,000 for HEROS. Charlie spent some time in Australia and America on his gap year working in the thoroughbred industry and wanted to help support ex-racehorses to find new careers and homes after their racing days are over.
Some of the other organisations and people are listed below:
- TimeForm – for their generous donation
- Staff from Arena Leisure who donated their Christmas Bonus to HEROS
- Racehorse Owners Association – who made HEROS their chosen Charity at the ROA Dinner in 2009
- United Tyre Co Ltd for several donations
- Smith and Williamson for a donation received from their Charitable Trust
- Barry Starkey
- Sage UK for their donation after a dress down day
- Monarch Equestrian
- SportingBet who supported HEROS in 2010, 2011 and 2012
- Helen Davies for proceeds from her Sponsored run
- Alex Cooper who made a donation in memory of her ex-racehorse Mandrabelle
- New Mills Primary School for the donation received after their Easter Fair
- James Wall – on his 'Gap Year' coordinated and completed a bike ride from Lands End to John O’Groats with two friends Nat Browning and Sam Burrett. All the money raised was kindly donated to HEROS.
- Anne Ward equine art portrait specialist whose members have supported HEROS for many years.
- A group of Capita employees who climbed Mount Snowdon and raised £355 for HEROS Charity. Thank you so much for your support. Caroline Williams (& Nigel), Hayley Marshall & friends, Mike Chellew (& Karen his wife), Scott McCallum and Stewart Davies
- Huge thanks to www.turfpix.com who kindly supplied racing and equine photography for HEROS promotional posters.